Practice developments and educational requirements in hybrid imaging.
Career Promotions for Technologists and Radiographers in Nuclear Medicine, York, United Kingdom, 14th July 2011.
This presentation will discuss the on-going educational developments within the field of hybrid imaging and the impact of technological advancements on the nuclear medicine workforce. The following areas will be explored, using interactive voting devices in order to engage audience responses:
• Current hybrid imaging technology stand point in the United Kingdom
• Emergence of new knowledge and practical skills
• Appropriate use of Computed Tomography (CT) within a hybrid imaging environment
• Training the hybrid imaging workforce and measuring levels of competency
• Recording training and audit
• Role development and potential barriers
• Development of CT Competencies: feedback from pilot clinical sites
• Next steps: National frameworks, service re-design
Reflections from a couple of clinical sites will be included within the presentation, along with an exploration of potential opportunities and challenges for the hybrid imaging workforce.
|Item Type:||Conference or Workshop Item (Lecture)|
|Uncontrolled Keywords:||workforce development, nuclear medicine, hybrid imaging, radiographers|
|Faculty/Department:||Faculty of Health and Applied Sciences|
|Deposited On:||15 Aug 2011 11:39|
|Last Modified:||13 Aug 2013 08:53|
Request a change to this item
Total Document Downloads in Past 12 Months