For information describing items in
- Anyone may access the metadata free of charge.
- The metadata may be re-used in any medium without prior permission for not-for-profit purposes and re-sold commercially provided:
- the OAI Identifier or a link to the original metadata record are given
- the repository is mentioned
For full-text and other full data items.
- Anyone may access full items free of charge.
- Copies of full items generally can be:
- reproduced, displayed or performed, and given to third parties in any format or medium
- for personal research or study, educational, or not-for-profit purposes without prior permission or charge.
- the authors, title and full bibliographic details are given
- a hyperlink and/or URL are given for the original metadata page
- the content is not changed in any way
- Full items must not be sold commercially in any format or medium without formal permission of the copyright holders.
For types of document & data set held.
- This is an institutional or departmental repository.
- The repository holds all types of materials except:
- Learning Objects
- Special materials: Learning Objects
- Items are individually tagged with:
- their version type and date.
- their peer-review status.
- their publication status.
Concerning depositors, quality & copyright.
- Items may only be deposited by registered students, and employees of the organisation, their delegated agents, or others by arrangement.
- Authors may only submit their own work for archiving.
- The administrator only vets items for the eligibility of authors/depositors, valid layout & format, and the exclusion of spam
- The validity and authenticity of the content of submissions is the sole responsibility of the depositor.
- Items can be deposited at any time, but will not be made publicly visible until any publishers' or funders' embargo period has expired.
- Any copyright violations are entirely the responsibility of the authors/depositors.
- If the repository receives proof of copyright violation, the relevant item will be removed immediately.
Policy not yet defined
UWE has obtained warranties from all depositors as to their title in the material deposited and as to their right to deposit such material.
UWE makes no representation or warranties of commercial utility, title, or fitness for a particular purpose or any other warranty, express or implied in respect of any material deposited.
UWE makes no representation that the use of the materials will not infringe any patent, copyright, trademark or other property or proprietary rights.
UWE accepts no liability for any infringement of intellectual property rights in any material deposited but will remove such material from public view pending investigation in the event of an allegation of any such infringement.